Saturday 26th September 2020
An ancient city which has known everything from Roman rule to life as a Viking capital.
The great walled city of York is one of the most historically significant in Britain, resplendent with castle and magnificent cathedral. It is still possible to circumnavigate the city walls – a great way to sightsee – and imagine the city back in medieval times or even as a Roman garrison.
A thousand years after the Romans came the Vikings, and the life and times are captured imaginatively at the Jorvik Centre – the most popular tourist attraction outside of London. Here you can wander through a recreated Viking village, and interact with ‘real Vikings’. Another great diversion is a pleasant cruise on the River Ouse which takes you out into the Yorkshire countryside beyond the city.
Places to visit:
- York Minster
- National Railway Museum
- Jorvik Viking Centre
- Clifford’s Tower
- The York Dungeon
- Yorkshire Museum
- York Museum Gardens
- York City Walls
…and much more
After a long break, we are back. In order to keep everyone safe, we will be introducing some new measures for our trips. These include:
- New pricing for trips. To help us socially distance on the coach and keep the trip as affordable and viable as possible we have introduce pricing based on group size, with discount being applied per person for larger groups.
- When boarding and walking down the coach we ask that you wear a mask. Once seated we will allow you to remove your masks should you choose to. We will then ask you to put your masks back on once we arrive and we begin to disembark the coach.
- All seating will be allocated in group. Your seating allocation will be based on which pickup location you choose as we will be filling the coach from the back first to ensure no one will have to pass others on the coach. Groups will have their seating allocated together and each group will be spaced apart across the coach.
- Your complimentary bottle of water will be handed to you as you board, and we won’t be serving other drinks onboard the coach as we will not be moving down the coach unless absolutely necessary.
- The onboard toilet will not be available to use unless it is absolutely necessary, we will be making a short stop en route where you will have some time and the opportunity to use facilities.
- When boarding the vehicle, we will require you to use hand sanitiser (which we will provide).